10 Enemies Of The Teeth That Should Be Avoided
Taking care of teeth is essential, and therefore, it is necessary to visit a dentist regularly and stay away from the enemies of the teeth. There are many foods, beverages and habits that could harm your smile without you noticing. Receding gums free healthy mouth must have professional support.
You brush your teeth and floss daily, but not always go to the dentist, after all, there is something wrong with your teeth. It turns out that many dental problems are hidden to show and turn a big headache. So it is important to visit the dentist frequently to maintain good oral health.
A study published in The Journal of Dental Research suggests that the frequent visits to the dentist for cleanings and various preventative solutions should be customized as per the risk factors of periodontal disease in each person. About 60 to 90% of school-age children and nearly 100% of adults have dental caries. The study also points to some risk factors for oral diseases: unhealthy diet, tobacco and alcohol use, poor oral hygiene and social issues. If you are not aesthetically satisfied with your teeth – your dentist has the solution.
Worst enemies of the teeth
The enamel layer is one that surrounds and protects the tooth surface. Everything you eat and drink affects the health of the teeth and in some cases, specifically tooth enamel. Listed below are the worst enemies of the teeth:
- Cigarette – For a good oral health it is best to quit smoking. Nicotine promotes the appearance of stains on the teeth, makes the dark enamel and harms of the gingival tissues.
- Citrus juices – Citrus fruits are good choices because they provide nutrients such as vitamins C and D, beneficial to the mouth. However, if consumed in excess can be harmful – especially the lemon can deteriorate tooth enamel.
Watch this video
- Vinegar – Overly acidic, can affect the enamel of the tooth.
- Tea and coffee – Besides stains, they can destroy the hydroxylapatite molecule, involved in the enamel layering system.
- Ketchup – Containing vinegar and acetic acid, shouldn’t be abused to consume it. It can damage the enamel. The tip goes for all sauces and seasonings with acidic ingredients.
- Popcorn – is a food rich in carbohydrates and sugars that can be fermented to form lactic acid and damage the enamel. Brush your teeth immediately after eating this snack.
- Chew Gum – It is not good for tooth enamel because due to their composition can cause enamel erosion and promote tooth decay.
- Ice Chewing – it is refreshing, but also renders a disservice to the teeth. Due to the hardness, a bite can cause fractures and cracks in the teeth.
- Hard brushes – The good dental hygiene includes the use of a suitable brush. Avoid brushes too hard because they can wear away the enamel and even damage the gums are used with great force.
Add Naturessmile in your daily oral hygiene routine. NS oral gum balm perfectly cleans your mouth and makes a natural preventative layer on your teeth, which helps to stop gum disease and also reverse receding gums without surgery.